Monday, January 7, 2013

Inspiration For Expansion

That was way more fucking fun than I could have ever imagined.  Special thanks to my friends Jeremy and Dave for stepping in and playing as Sandy and Fuck, I while I recorded everything on my laptop.  That's right, I did not play as my own characters, and the players switched characters to prevent one person from swaying the course of the battle because he was way more skilled than the other.  Both of them proved skilled, knowledgeable, and most worthy of portraying the characters I've worked so hard on for the past couple of months.  But now, we have an interesting situation before us:


You see...I've never played any Generation-III Pokemon game before, nor have I played any Pokemon game after that.  I have no idea what the plots are, I have no idea in what order the gym leaders appear or what kind of Pokemon they use, and I have no idea where to go or really anything about new mechanics.  Hell, I barely know the new Pokemon that get introduced in this generation.  I mean, look at this guy:


Christ, I had to Google this guy by name to find a photo of him and I've already forgotten his fucking name.  Manasquan? I dunno anymore, and I don't really care.

Regardless, this is going to be a very different kind of adventure.  Since this will be all brand new to me, I'm going to record my reactions to damn-near everything.  Don't like it? Well, nobody fucking asked you.  You stuck around since the beginning to leave now? Your standards are shit.

Also, because I will actually be able to hold onto the Pokemon I use here in Pokemon Emerald by transferring them into my Diamond and White 2 games (spoiler alert?), I am going to be less comical about naming my character.  I need to pick a name that's gonna stick with me all the way until I get to Generation-V.  Besides...last few times, I was playing as a character; I had played through Generation-I and Generation-II before as my wide-eyed, pre-teen self, but now that I find myself returning to that state of child-like wonder, I owe it to myself to represent that fully.

So get ready, Hoenn, because Kevin is moving to Littleroot Town to stir some shit up!


Who the fuck did my hair like that?! It looks like shit.

Anyway, let's fucking do it! RUNNING SHOES!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment