Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lost In The Amazon

Alright.  This is when I get to vent and tell you all what the fuck's been going on.


I placed an order through Amazon.com on December 30, 2012 for a used Pokemon Emerald game in "Like New" condition for $40.98 using the Standard Shipping option.  I received the order confirmation email the same day at 8:50 PM.  The estimated shipping date stated on that email was sometime between December 31, 2012 and January 2, 2012.  I received an email on the very same day at 9:55 PM telling me that the product has shipped.

Fucking yay.

I checked the very same order confirmation email to try to determine the estimated date of delivery.  The window they gave was sometime between January 7, 2013 and January 22, 2013.  Figuring that Standard Shipping takes 3-5 business days and the seller promptly shipped the product within 2 hours of the order, I estimated the game would arrive very promptly.

January 7th rolls around...no package.  Okay, that's no big deal.  I didn't imagine that the game would arrive on the very first day of estimated shipping, so I'm not disappointed.

A week goes by: January 14th rolls around...still no package.  Okay, it should be coming this week, though.  I mean, let's check the shipping tracker and figure out where it is...

The only thing the tracker says is that on December 31st, "the shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier".  Doesn't give a time, doesn't give a location more specific than United States.  I'm getting a little worried.

January 22nd finally arrives.  I haven't received dick.  Maybe it's a difficult thing to ship.  Oh wait...


My product could fit in a fucking box of matches! It could be shipped in a regular letter envelope! Why is this a difficult thing to get to me?

I wait a few days and email the seller on January 25th, hoping to figure out where the hell he/she is, where this game is supposed to be coming from, and what shipping service is being used.  Who knows, maybe there was some hiccup, since two national holidays took place since I ordered the game.  It might come in the next few days.

It is now January 29th.  I am not playing Pokemon Emerald because I do not have it yet.  I have received no email from the seller.  I'm getting pissed.  I call Amazon.com customer service and try to figure out what the fuck is going on and they tell me that I qualify to file an A-to-Z Coverage Claim, which is their guarantee that I get the product I order on-time and in the condition I bought it or Amazon intervenes.  Believe you me, I will be filing a claim if I do not receive an email from this seller or the product by February 4th.  Then, depending on what happens (whether I find where the game is or I get my money back), I will either be receiving the game within a few days or I will be using the refund to purchase the game from a different seller.

Now, I want to let you all know where I'm coming from with this:

This is it.  I don't need to go crazy looking for old games after this.  I already bought a working used Pokemon Diamond game, I received a new Pokemon White 2 game for Christmas, and I just pre-ordered Pokemon Y from GameStop.  Once I get Pokemon Emerald, I can go unstoppably from Generation-III to Generation-VI, presuming it takes me just long enough to beat Emerald, Diamond, and White 2 so that when Y comes out in October, I can just go straight to the new game.  However, without the new developments in Emerald, I'd be flying blind into later generations.  I wouldn't know anything about Abilities, Natures, Characteristics, double battles, refined IV and EV systems, new moves, new items, and 135 new Pokemon.  Furthermore, if I just skipped Emerald and went straight on into Diamond, there'd be no reason for me to go back and play Emerald.  Either I get Emerald and I continue through the blog's journey, or the blog does not progress.  It's as simple as that.

I don't want this shit to end, and I know you don't, since you're even prepared to read an entry that's just writing and no pretty pictures.  So Amazon, thanks for having my back through this, but to seller named "Yicyacyac":

I'm not fucking impressed.  I'm not even content.  I'm upset, angry, disgruntled, and all around pissed.  You fucked with my blog, and I don't take that shit likely.  I started "Hire Me, Sugimori!" in order to fill the gap caused by the waiting for this fucking game, and although I liked coming up with it, I shouldn't have to come up with ways to entertain myself and others while I wait for you to fulfill your end of a fucking legitimate business deal.

Get your shit together, Yicyacyac.  You're gonna get a terrible review from me and I shall spare no detail.  The world will know of this bullshit.

Apologies for the lack of progress on this blog, but hey...now you know what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment