Monday, May 20, 2013

Sweet Jesus What Have I Created?

I may have created a monster in preparation for fighting my father.  I mean, you'll see what I mean.


Petalburg City Gym: Norman, the Dad Who's Never Home

So, I knew this guy had a Slaking in his roster somewhere; he's pretty famous for it.  So, I needed to fill my team with strong Fighting-types to be super effective against the Normal-types and Rock-types or Steel-types so that his Pokemon wouldn't be very effective.  In the course of my training, however, I created a goddamn monster.

ROUND ONE:


Kevin's Blaziken, lvl 36     vs.     Norman's Spinda, lvl 27

Yeah...it happened.


Blaziken, lvl 36
Ability: Blaze

HP: 110
Attack: 97
Defense: 71
Special Attack: 89
Special Defense: 58
Speed: 70

I've heard that this bastard is illegal in competitive play because of his dreamworld ability that increases his speed with every turn, but fuck, I didn't even need that.

Double Kick knocks out Spinda in one turn.

ROUND TWO:


Kevin's Blaziken, lvl 36     vs.     Norman's Vigoroth, lvl 27

Double Kick knocks out Vigoroth in one turn.  Shit.

ROUND THREE:


Kevin's Blaziken, lvl 36     vs.     Norman's Linoone, lvl 29

Double Kick knocks out Linoone in one turn.  Fucking kaboom.  Only one left...and he's fat.

ROUND FOUR:


Kevin's Blaziken, lvl 36     vs.     Norman's Slaking, lvl 31

Alright, this fucker isn't going to go down in one move, so I better plan for the fact that I will have an extra turn when this dude loafs around.  Better Bulk Up.

Big boy uses Facade and Death-Chicken is down to 24/110 health thanks to a critical hit.  Shit...this isn't gonna end well if I can't take him out within these next two turns.  Besides, Norman will probably use that loafing turn to use a Hyper Potion and put me back to square one.  But I must try.

Double Kick hits hard and Slaking drops to the low yellow of the health bar.

It eats a Sitrus berry to heal a bit of health...

But Norman does not use the potion! Oh, happy day! Dad, you done goofed now.

Double Kick hits the Slaking and Slaking hits the floor.  Ba-zam! Done.  Balance badge.


I'm more than halfway to the Hoenn League Elite Four now.  All that's left is--

Who the hell are you? Wait...you're Wally's dad...or uncle...or whatever.  Why are you--?


Now...who should learn this move? Hmmm...


You still look dopey as shit, but alright.  Surf's up!

Blaziken, lvl 36
Pelipper, lvl 30
Graveler, lvl 27
Aron, lvl 25
Breloom, lvl 24
Machop, lvl 24

Pokedex: 41, Badges: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment