Thursday, October 17, 2013

Like A Camel Through The Eye Of A Needle


Goddamn it, I hate directional puzzles.  But no matter...we're here now and nothing can stop me.


Wait a minute...what's written on those stones?


...

...

...

...and no, this is not me being witty.  This is me asking myself, "Is this fucking Braille?!" Under what circumstances is a person literate in Braille playing a primarily-visual video game?! Answer me this, goddamn it!

GOOGLE! FIX THIS!


NO! I'M NOT LEARNING BRAILLE! CHEAT FOR ME!


Better! Okay, just bypass all that shit and use Dig at the top? Sounds easy enough.  Mightyena, stand at the ready--


Let's just check to see what else we need first...just in case.


Okay, more Braille in the next room...yadda yadda...first comes Wailord--

What?


I...

But...

WHAT?!

NO!

I...FUCKING WHAT?!?!


BUT WHY?! WHY DO YOU NEED THIS?! HOW DO I GET THIS?!


Oh good! I can catch a Wailmer outside of Pacifidlog Town and I can catch a Relicanth underwater right by Sootopolis City.  Not too bad.  Just gotta find them...


Alright, Wailmer...you're up first.

Just...

Just gotta remember how to fish--


Wow, you look stupid.  But you're Level 34, so that's good enough for me! I don't care about your stats, since I'm just using you to get better--

OH MY GOD YOU CAN BE MY WATER HM SLAVE! YAY! YOU HAVE SOLVED ALL MY PROBLEMS!

Wait...still need Relicanth.  Okay then, down we go.


Huh, I never noticed tall grass--tall kelp? Is it tall kelp when you're diving? I'm not entirely certain.  But I have no idea what kind of Pokemon could be down here--


...okay.

Kevin, you don't need it.  You don't need it...you just want it.  It will serve no purpose towards game completion and you'll probably find more in later games.  You don't need it.  Even if he is Level 30 and a single level gained will evolve him, you don't need it.


I am allowed my indulgences! This is my game, after all! Fuck you!



Lanturn, lvl 31
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Illuminate

HP: 119
Attack: 49
Defense: 49
Special Attack: 63
Special Defense: 52
Speed: 45

Alright, we need to get back down to business.  Just gotta sift through all the Clamperls and--

FOUND ONE! GET OVER HERE!


Relicanth, lvl 34
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Rock Head

HP: 118
Attack: 74
Defense: 101
Special Attack: 36
Special Defense: 51
Speed: 50

Now, there's just the matter of evolving my new Wailmer into a Wailord.  Since I can't readily access high-level Fire, Rock, or Ground-types at present, I'll have to do something a little more drastic.  You see, I found a Rare Candy while trying to find the Sealed Chamber, so all I need is to get it to at least Level 39 and boom...instant Wailord.  But seeing as how training will take a lot of time and I have Pokemon Y to consider...


And now, we wait.  I'll be taking a slight break from Emerald to focus more on Y and Iridescence, but not to worry...I only plan to step away from the game for about a week.  One level per day or so.  That should be plenty.  In the meantime...


Magneton, lvl 43
Blaziken, lvl 41
Tropius, lvl 39
Relicanth, lvl 34
Mightyena, lvl 23

Pokedex: 67, Badges: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment