Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Build Up The Pokedex


Oh shit, this is where that tunnel outside of Rusturf ends up! Oh, that'll be great to connect the two cities...

But I can't use Rock Smash yet outside of battle, so fucking awesome.  There's a Battle Tent here, too, apparently, but it's got these weird-ass rules where I can choose my Pokemon, but I can't decide what moves they use in battle; something about how their nature factors in--

You know what? Later.  I have training to do.  I have two fairly weak and unevolved Pokemon that need to feel worthy of my love--

OH, IT'S A GAMSMASH!!!!!


Loudred Gamsmash, lvl 20

HP: 68
Attack: 39
Defense: 23
Special Attack: 32
Special Defense: 29
Speed: 29

I find myself more appreciative of Normal-type Pokemon as I make my way through the Generations.  Yes, they don't have a lot of type-strengths, but they can learn pretty much every move in the game, and that makes them very useful.

On a side-note, Poochyena's need to fucking stop showing up everywhere.  I caught mine way early on and I will not have it be the case where I could have just released her and started higher up on the chain--

On second thought, I won't need to release her now.


Mightyena, lvl 18
Ability: Intimidate

HP: 55
Attack: 41
Defense: 38
Special Attack: 27
Special Defense: 25
Speed: 31

This little lady is going to be crucial if I run into any Psychic-type trainers of high-profile later on in the game, since I don't know where I can get me a Heracross yet.  And really, it takes way too long to learn Megahorn, so this will be great.  Especially since I found these bad boys in a little outside alcove by the cave:



There's just two more things I need to do: I've taught Vigoroth two HM moves that will need to be erased later, so I need to catch me an HM slave.  When I was playing through Gold for shits and giggles, I found one that worked pretty well for Cut and Flash, and since they're in the area, why not?


Oddish, lvl 14
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Ability: Chlorophyll

HP: 37
Attack: 19
Defense: 23
Special Attack: 28
Special Defense: 26
Speed: 15

Now that I have me a slave, I have to find something a little more aesthetic.  This may be a thing more for saying that I have it (or them, really) than actually using it (them) in battle, but if there's a Flying-type trainer or a Water-type trainer later, I may be tempted.  It's too bad these things are such a bitch to find--

THERE!!!!!


Plusle, lvl 13
Gender: Female
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Plus

HP: 38
Attack: 18
Defense: 13
Special Attack: 29
Special Defense: 27
Speed: 35

You know what this means?

Do you know what this means?!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!?!?!?!

...

...

...


YEAH! DANCE PARTY!

Okay, I think I've trained enough to take on the Mauville Gym leader.  But just in case, I've got one last trick up my sleeve...

Combusken, lvl 24
Vigoroth, lvl 20
Mightyena, lvl 20
Loudred, lvl 20
Aron, lvl 18
Shroomish, lvl 18

Pokedex: 24, Badges: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment